Monday, June 8, 2009

From Jim Morrison Drunk to Mohandas Gandhi Sober

Seventeen gatherings into my

Tennessee journey of

discovery & loss,

we've said goodbye to so many &

hello to so many more.


The ancestors sing

the brain stretching

spirit retching

queen kvetching

holiday season of

debauchery divine

lechery sublime

sodomy's glory

charting another story.


My game to get sober

from alcohol

gets challenged to the core.

Surrounded by drunken magic,

they're drinking tequila, bourbon, or cabernet

straight from the bottle.

Shameless Jim Morrison excess

exists with the axiom of Baudelaire

on the axis of Rimbaud

& taxes the soul.


I need a new drug,

a miracle drug,

an herbal remedy,

a permanent rehab

that begins in the soul.

Stone cold stupid

from blackout drunks &

parties I missed because

I was passed out plastered.


Another sacred new year &

another sacred dance--

we released some shit

into a shitty brown hole.

The compost of compost

brings the spring bloom.

I enter a different room.

(With posts taken from my journals, I will include the day into sobriety & the date written.)

(Day two, 5/3/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment